Recently, I came across a problem where I wanted to show multiple charts in a dashboard but the space should be utilized in an optimized way. There were multiple charts in that dashboard and these charts were supposed
to be placed in a small space. In this case, showing multiple very small sized charts is not appropriate.
You will get an idea on how to change the charts dynamically:
1.Passing parameters from a drop-down menu to Pentaho charts/tables.
You have to follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Create a drop-down menu in Pentaho.
-Write a query for the drop-down menu.
– Add a ‘Select Component’ to the Components.
– Add parameter and listener to the select component.
Step 2: Create a chart.
– Write a query for a chart.
– Add the above created parameter to the chart query.
– Add a ‘CCC Bar chart’ or ‘Pie Chart’ or a ‘table Component’.
– Add parameters and listeners to this chart/table component.
The Chart will change dynamically as per the selection from the drop-down menu.