‘Go as far as you can see, and you will see further’ – J. P. Morgan
This was the quote written on the front cover of 2017 yearly diary given to every Ellician. Living true to the spirit of that quote, in 2017 team Ellicium passionately continued the journey of conviction, steadily achieving coveted grails and winning applauds of many. With increased team size, our craziness has just grown 10-fold. If 2016 was a year of growth, then 2017 was a year of further and grand manifestation of it! And for all this, we say a big thank you to our clients, partners and mentors. Encouragement by you all has made us to take a step further and made us brave to challenge the status quo.
Here is bidding adieu to 2017, recalling all its magnificent moments:
- The Ellicium team grew by 80% in last one year. Along with young talented champs, we now boast a versatile and experience rich senior leadership team. At the same time, we are proud of our below 1% attrition rate!
- As envisioned in 2016, we productized our offerings. This year we launched our text analytics platform called ‘Gadfly’. It is an easy to use drag and drop text analytics tool, which can help businesses get insights out of their text data at ease. In 2018, we will be launching next version of ‘Gadfly’. In its six months of life, it has already caught fancy of Big 5.
- Keeping with eager to be as diverse and as accommodative as possible, we had our first international intern, Baptiste Thomas. In his three months of internship at Ellicium, he proved that dedication and commitment go a long way. He contributed immensely, along with being a great family member.
- Continuing our recognition spree, this year Ellicium Solutions got recognized as one of the ’20 Most Promising Big Data Solution Providers’ by CIO Review India magazine.
- Ellicium sponsored ‘Pune Data Conference’ held in Pune in the month of April. It was a great experience for the team to interact with industry peers. Our CEO Kuldeep delivered a session on ‘Next Generation Text Analytics’, which was greatly appreciated and applauded. Our showcase at the conference, Gadfly was an instant hit with participants. It generated tremendous curiosity and amazing discussions.
- By the way, we turned 5 this year. A milestone worth celebrating!
- We always believed in encouraging and helping the academic world with whatever we can. To make our contribution more structured and concrete, Ellicium Solutions Inc. signed MOU with Institute of Industrial And Computer Management And Research, Pune. First, of its kind for us, we are hoping to get an opportunity to enhance skills of students, bridging the gap between industry and academics. As an effect of this MOU, the team from Ellicium will conduct series of improvement programs for students at IICMR focusing on their computer programming and communication skills.
Partnered with OmnesLaw
- In the month of August, we partnered with OmnesLaw for implementation of Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation based solutions for the Legal Industry leveraging Ellicium’s Gadfly platform. OmnesLaw provides technology and consulting services in the areas of Contract Lifecycle Management, Legal Research, and Regulatory Compliance. We are looking forward to this partnership with great enthusiasm and deem it a pathway for great opportunities to revolutionize the legal industry.
- Recognition and appreciation are inherent values that we celebrate. All year, we recognize all the efforts putforth by Ellicians. Here are some snaps from ‘Star Performer’ and ‘Silent Killer’ award ceremony.
- This year, we developed a comprehensive training programme on Big Data and analytics for those who join Ellicium as a fresher. Our first batch, consisting of Sharvari, Tushar, and Sujata went under this two-month long training. They got to learn Big Data and Analytics in depth. Our senior team devoted great efforts to train juniors and worked with them, empowering them with all the industry wisdom. It was amazing to see fresher’s dedication and desire to learn. They are now ready to shine through their acquired prowess. We celebrated this with little ceremony by awarding and recognizing everyone’s efforts.
Improving it further, we plan to have version 2.0 of this training in 2018!
- Expanding the horizon of Big Data capabilities, we have developed comprehensive Big Data Managed Services. The aim of this is to help businesses with their Big Data needs and taking all their worries away when it comes to data infrastructure management. We have super senior and immensely capable team as custodian of this. We believe this service will be a game changer in 2018!
- Much of 2017 was about enhancing our capabilities, it was immensely about empowering our clients and partners. Along with adding new clients to our kitty, we have been able to keep client retention as great as last year.
To elaborate a bit about few of the new clients, we are now helping one of the biggest paper mill in India with their BI needs and a subsidiary of large insurance firm with their Big Data needs.
- We had doubled our Pune office space last year. But that place also could not accommodate our ambitions. So now, we have shifted to even bigger space. It has a seating capacity of 150, along with word class infrastructure. As they say, it is about the great journey than the destination. From a single room in 2012 to our current address, it has been an amazing journey. Growth is such a magical thing!
After lots of discussions, trainings, client work and given our passion, 2018 will be a year of Big Data, Artificial Intellegence and Analytics for Ellicium.
If 2016 was the year of growth for Ellicium, then 2017 was the year of going far beyond it! Taking inspiration from what J. P. Morgan’s quote mentioned in the beginning, with all our passion we are moving further and excited to witness what is ahead in 2018.
Once again, like last year, with a head full of dreams and twinkle in our eyes, we wish you all a Happy New Year! Cheers!