A few days back, I had a look at our company’s Google Analytics data. Google Analytics hold very meaningful information. The Google Analytics dashboards have been bifurcated in the following sections:
- Audience – The geography, technology & device information of the users visiting my website.
- Acquisition – The keywords, AdWords & social networks that generate more traffic on my website.
- Behaviour – The behavior of the users on the web pages e.g., which pages they prefer to visit first or what is the interaction flow of the users from one page to another page on my website.
There were so many dashboards consisting of a variety of information (although data for me!). I felt lost in a huge data lake. All this data was good, but I realized that advanced level of analytics is not possible in GA like.
- Comparing the trend of popular pages of my website over a period was not possible in GA.
- Capturing the hourly traffic based on the traffic sources.
I thought that it will be more meaningful if I make a story of only relevant information from the Google Analytics data and enhance the insights from the available data. So, I tried creating Custom dashboards in Google Analytics. This was helpful yet something was missing. The Google Analytics information was incomplete.
While giving a second thought to this, I realized that we don’t capture only Google Analytics, but we also capture analytics information from Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. It was the time when we decided to aggregate all this information and show it in a single dashboard.
It gave birth to Ellicium’s Web Analytics Solution.
What does Ellicium’s Web Analytics Solution do?
We collect data from various sources like Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. The data gets aggregated and is visualized on a dashboard.
Some of the interesting insights that we achieve from the dashboard are –
- Which sources are contributing in more traffic to our website? How much? What pattern is found in this traffic?
- Based on the traffic, which sources do you wish to invest more on?
- Which marketing campaigns are helping you generate more traffic?
- Which hashtags are more powerful?
- The co-relation between all these different dimensions like Hashtags, Tweets, Posts, Sources, Pages, Adwords is found and analytics is built on top of this.
Since this solution has been implemented, we have a made an interesting progress on the effectiveness of Marketing.
If you need some more details on the implementation of this framework or wish to see a demo of this, please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to serve your queries.
Do let me know your thoughts in the comments section.
Playing with data and building interesting insights out of it is my hobby. I am a Senior Consultant at Ellicium Solutions Inc., a company focused on providing innovative solutions in Big Data and Analytics.
For further details about Ellicium’s offerings, please visit our website: www.ellicium.com
Follow our company LinkedIn page at: http://bit.ly/2d4YYTw