The Big Data And Cloud Sucees Story
Legacy Platform Modernization using Cloud and Big Data helps a Healthcare Organization in Multimillion-Dollar savings.
Big Data, Cloud, Platform Reengineering
- $ 2 million cost saving in 1st year by retiring the Mainframe.
- Reduced TCO of the healthcare systems
- Simplified application design leveraging modern technologies.
Organization had few critical applications running on an IBM mainframe. It also had several large datasets residing in the legacy environment. Some of these datasets were needed to be retained for few decades for compliance requirements. It was becoming cumbersome to maintain legacy system due to high costs and unavailability of skills.
Ellicium facilitated legacy application migration using Cloud and Big Data saving $2 Million.
Challenges with legacy systems
- High cost of maintenance of Mainframe based document archival system.
- Unavailability of skillsets to support legacy systems
- Necessity to maintain datasets adhering to compliance for few decades
Enhanced user experience was built to overcome shortcomings of text-based experience of legacy system.
- About $2 million saved by retiring legacy system
- Accessibility of secure data from anywhere.
- Translated Business Logic to Simplified tables.
- Better user experience compared to previous text-based navigation
- No impact on Business As Usual (BAU).
Overall, our solution helped the organization manage legacy data in a cost-effective way meeting the compliance requirements efficiently!